the struggle of being a woman of color in the media
LISTEN THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE THE ARTICLE IS ABOUT WOMEN IN TV AND THESE FUCKERS MADE MINDY KALING’S COVER BLACK AND WHITE THEY WHITEWASHED A BROWN GIRL IM SO TICKED
10:52 am • 19 September 2014 • 73,667 notes
straight people feeling left out over queer representation is my favorite form of comedy
9:57 am • 19 September 2014 • 9,413 notes
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
(Source: kaliskadyami, via potsandpanssexual)
9:54 am • 19 September 2014 • 229,488 notes
I had kind of a nerd-out this morning. But I felt like everyone needed to know about this.
9:53 am • 19 September 2014 • 8,689 notes
“When men imagine a female uprising, they imagine a world in which women rule men as men have ruled women.”
I feel this is very important.
It’s been apparent to me for a while that most men can’t really imagine “equality.” All they can imagine is having the existing power structure inverted.
I cannot decide whether this shows how unimaginative they are, or shows how aware they must be of what they do in order to so deeply fear having it turned on them.
"Most men can’t really imagine “equality.” All they can imagine is having the existing power structure inverted."
9:48 am • 19 September 2014 • 149,589 notes
The evolution of the Pokémon logo.
North America doesn’t even care just come get your Pokemon you piece of shit
12:08 am • 19 September 2014 • 26,709 notes